>By way of apology for the long absence, I am putting up the skeleton notes I took during my recent first-time time trip to Lagos. This way, I get to show that I am still alive (in spite of my suddenly quite corporate existence) and you get a preview of my next post, as well as a glimpse into my writing process. It’s not the best process in the world, but who knows? Maybe you’ll learn something.
… or more likely, you’ll get in touch with much-needed suggestions on how to improve my god-awful writing. That’s after you’ve finished throwing tomatoes at me.
- Sh*t: no driver, no credit and the taxi drivers look ready to pounce
- Radio: better music, better range… Nigerian R&B… Asha!… the accents though??!?!!
- On Near Death Experiences: driving in Lagos (even from passenger seat), backlights (or the lack thereof)
- Rain and stagnant water
- Refuse! Everywhere! Damn!
- Glamour, parties and the Bambuddha
- The Sea! The Sea! You didn’t tell me you live next to the Sea!??!?!?!?!!? *Slap*
- Zakitos: not the King… the God of Small Chops
- Wealth, Art & Ghana’s illiteracy
… and there you have it. Let’s see. Give me until tomorrow to flesh it out.